Dr. Xiao-Jiang Du (James) 杜小江
According to the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU) by Shanghai Ranking, the Temple CIS is among the top 60 Computer Science departments in the United States.
Dr. Du joined the Department of Computer and Information Sciences (CIS), Temple University in Fall 2009 as an Assistant Professor. He was promoted to Associate Professor with tenure in July 2010.
Dr. Du was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science, North Dakota State University, between July 2004 and August 2009. In May 2009, Dr. Du received the 2009 Research Award, College of Science and Math, North Dakota State University.
· NEW! Dr. Du will give a Keynote Talk at the IEEE INFOCOM 2018 Workshop on CCSNA: Cloud Computing Systems, Networks, and Applications, April 15, 2018, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA.
· NEW! Dr. Du was invited to join the Editorial Board of the IEEE Network Magazine (Impact Factor=7.23) as a Technical Editor.
· NEW! Dr. Du will serve as the Chair of the Wireless Network Symposium, IEEE ICNC 2019, which will be held in Honolulu, Hawaii, Feb 18-21, 2019.
· NEW! Our paper “e-SAFE: Secure, Efficient and Forensics-Enabled Access to Implantable Medical Devices,” has been accepted by the IEEE CNS 2018, acceptance rate = 28.2%
· NEW! Our paper “Online Deadline-aware Bulk Transfer over Inter-Datacenter WANs,” has been accepted by the IEEE INFOCOM 2018, acceptance rate = 19.2%
· NEW! Dr. Du gave a Keynote Talk at the 9th International Symposium on Cyberspace Safety and Security ( CSS 2017 ), Oct. 23-25, 2017, XiAn, China.
· Congratulations to our group member Dr. Longfei Wu, who graduated with his Ph. D. in July 2017, and joined Fayetteville State University as a tenure-track assistant professor.
· Congratulations to our group member Dr. Xiali (Sharon) Hei, who joined University of Louisiana at Lafayette as a tenure-track assistant professor.
· Our paper “Provably Efficient Algorithms for Joint Placement and Allocation of Virtual Network Functions,” has been accepted by the IEEE INFOCOM 2017, acceptance rate = 20%.
· Our paper “Analysis of Clickjacking Attacks and An Effective Defense Scheme for Android Devices” has been accepted by the IEEE Conference on Communications and Network Security (IEEE CNS) 2016, acceptance rate 29%.
· Dr. Du was invited to join the editorial board of the COMPUTER NETWORKS (ELSEVIER) Journal.
· Congratulations to our group members Robert Woods, who won the Gold Award (1st Prize), in the undergraduate student category, 2015 Future of Computing competition.
· Congratulations to our group members Philip Riesch, who won the Most Popular Award, in the 2015 Future of Computing competition.
· Dr. Du gave a Keynote Talk at the 8th International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS 2014) in Xi'an, China, October 15-17, 2014.
· Congratulations to our group members Ryan Houlihan, who won the prestigious NSF Graduate Fellowship.
· Congratulations to our group members Ryan Houlihan and Philip Riesch, who won the Gold award and Bronze award, respectively, in the 2012 Future of Computing competition!
Dr. Du gave a Keynote Talk at the 7th International Conference on Wireless Communications, Networking and Mobile Computing ( WiCOM 2011), Sept. 23-25, 2011, Wuhan, China
Internet of Things Security, Mobile Device Security, Wireless Medical-Device Security
System and Network Security, Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing and Big Data
Wireless Networks, Computer Networks
· Systems, Controls, Communications
Grants (Funded Projects)
Ph.D. Dissertation: Fault and Security Management for IP Networks
Major: Computer Networks (Picked up M.S. after Passing the Ph.D. Research Proposal Defense)
Advisor: Professor Jiu-Ling Li
Thesis: Network Management and Control for Enterprise Intranet
Minor: Computer Networks
Researcher, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd., Shenzhen, China (Aug. 1998 to July 1999)
Worked on Global System for Mobile Communications (GSM), Wireless Division, Research Lab. at Huawei.
Senior Member of IEEE
Life Member of ACM
Editor, IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine (2015 – Current, the Journal is indexed by ISI, SCI, EI, and SCOPUS)
o Editor, Computer Networks, Elsevier (2016 – Current, the Journal is indexed by ISI, SCI, EI, and SCOPUS).
Editor, Wiley Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing (2014 – 2017, the Journal is indexed by ISI, SCI, EI, and SCOPUS)
Editor, Wiley Security and Communication Networks (2014 – 2016, the Journal is indexed by ISI, SCI, EI, and SCOPUS)
Guest Editor - IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, Special Issue on Security in Wireless Mobile Ad Hoc and Sensor Networks, 2006.
o Guest Editor - International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN), Special Issue on Security Issues in Sensor Networks, 2005.
NSF Panelist - 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011,2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016: served on panels such as CAREER, NeTS, NetSE, CPS, TC, CRI, CPS, CCF, CIF, PCAN, REU, RET and NUE.
Lead Chair, Privacy and Security in Communications Symposium, IEEE/CIC International Conference on Communications in China, July 2016, Chengdu, China.
Lead Chair, Communication and Information Security Symposium, IEEE International Communication Conference (ICC), June 2015, London, UK.
Chair, Mobile and Wireless Networks Track, IEEE Wireless Communications and Networking Conference (WCNC), New Orleans, March 9-12, 2015, LA, USA.
Keynote Speaker, the 8th International Conference on Network and System Security (NSS 2014), October 15-17, 2014, Xi'an, China. The talk title is "Security Threats to Wireless Mobile Communications: Camera-based Attacks on Mobile Phones".
Chair, Computer and Network Security Symposium, The 5th International Wireless Communications & Mobile Computing Conference (IWCMC 2009), June 21-24, 2009, LEIPZIG, GERMANY