Preferred name: James Du
Position: Associate Professor
Office location: Science Education and Research Center (SERC), Room 316
Phone number: 1-215-204-8888
Joined CIS: 2009
Dr. Xiaojiang (James) Du is currently an associate professor in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences at Temple University. Dr. Du received his B.S. and M.S. degree in electrical engineering from Tsinghua University, Beijing, China in 1996 and 1998, respectively. He received his M.S. and Ph.D. degree in electrical engineering from the University of Maryland College Park in 2002 and 2003, respectively. Dr. Du was an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at North Dakota State University between August 2004 and July 2009, where he received the Excellence in Research Award in May 2009. His research interests are security, cloud computing, wireless networks, computer networks and systems. He has published over 150 journal and conference papers in these areas. Dr. Du has been awarded more than $3M research grants from the US National Science Foundation (NSF), Army Research Office, Air Force Research Lab, NASA, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, and Amazon. He serves on the editorial boards of four international journals. Dr. Du served as the Lead Chair of the Communication and Information Security Symposium of the IEEE ICC 2015, and a Co-Chair of the Mobile and Wireless Networks Track of the IEEE WCNC 2015. He was the Chair of the Computer and Network Security Symposium of the IEEE/ACM International Wireless Communication and Mobile Computing conference 2006 - 2010. He is (was) a Technical Program Committee (TPC) member of several premier ACM/IEEE conferences such as INFOCOM (2007 - 2016), IM, NOMS, ICC, GLOBECOM, WCNC, BroadNet, and IPCCC. Dr. Du is a Senior Member of IEEE and a Life Member of ACM.
- Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, August 2003, University of Maryland, College Park
- M.S. in Electrical Engineering, May 2002, University of Maryland, College Park
- B.E. in Electrical Engineering, Department of Automation, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Security, Wireless Networks, Systems , Computer Networks, Cloud Computing, Big Data
- X. Hei, X. Du, “Security in Wireless Implantable Medical Devices,” Springer, hardcopy ISBN 978-1-4614-7152-3, online ISBN 978-1-4614-7153-0, published in April 2013.
- Y. Dai, J. Wu, and X. Du, “Hierarchical and Hybrid: Mobility-compatible Database-assisted Framework For Dynamic Spectrum Access,” IEEE Transactions on Wireless Communications, accepted, May. 2015.
- H. Zhang, Q. Zhang, Z. Zhou, and X. Du*, “Towards Privacy Preserving Publishing of Set-valued Data on Hybrid Cloud,” IEEE Transactions on Cloud Computing, accepted, May. 2015.
- X. Hei, X. Du*, S. Lin, I. Lee, and O. Sokolsky, “Patient Infusion Pattern based Access Control Schemes for Wireless Insulin Pump System,” IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed, accepted, Oct. 2014.
- K. Bian, J. Chen, X. Du*, and X. Li, “Multi-channel Broadcast via Channel Hopping in Cognitive Radio Networks,” IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, accepted, July 2014.
- L. Ye, H. Zhang, and X. Du, “Modeling Leechers Attack in BitTorrent,” in Proc. of IEEE GLOBECOM 2014, Austin, TX, Dec. 2014. Best Paper Award!
- X. Hei, X. Du and S. Lin, “Near Field Communication based Access Control for Wireless Medical Devices,” Best Poster Runner-up Award! ACM MobiHoc 2014, Philadelphia, PA, August 2014.
- X. Hei, X. Du, S. Lin, and I. Lee, “PIPAC: Patient Infusion Pattern based Access Control Scheme for Wireless Insulin Pump System,” in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2013, Turin, Italy, Apr. 2013. (Acceptance rate = 17%)
- Z. Zhou, H. Zhang, X. Du, P. Li, and X. Yu, “'Prometheus: Privacy-Aware Data Retrieval on Hybrid Cloud,” in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2013, Turin, Italy, Apr. 2013. (Acceptance rate = 17%)
- H. Zhang, J. Shi, L. Ye, and X. Du, “PPBD：A Piracy Preventing System for BT DHT Networks,” in Proc. of IEEE INFOCOM 2013, Turin, Italy, Apr. 2013. (Acceptance rate = 17%)