Dr. Srinivasan is currently an Associate Professor in the Computer and Information Sciences at Temple University. He received his Ph.D. degree in Computer Science from Florida Atlantic University in August 2008. His research interests are in Security and Digital Forensics – information and network security, security and forensics in cloud computing, forensics challenges in mobile computing, and malware characterization and reverse engineering. He has published 34 scholarly articles in prestigious conferences and journals. Dr. Srinivasan has previously administered federal grants (DoED and DoJ) at Bloomsburg University (2008-2012) involving undergraduate program development in digital forensics, which had student research opportunities. He was also a Co-PI on a DHS Graduate Fellowship Grant at George Mason University (2012-2014). He also continues to serve on the NSF I/U CRC grant at Center for Secure Information Systems at George Mason University (2013-2016).
Dr. Srinivasan is a Co-PI on two NSF grants - Research Experience for Undergraduates and CPS: Breakthrough: Securing the SmartGrid by Understanding the Communication Interdependencies. The SmartGrid project is a collaboration with Dr. Kant, who is the project PI.
Dr. Srinivasan has over 450 hours of formal training in Cybersecurity and Digital Forensics and has trained law enforcement officers and civilians in Network Forensics, Macintosh Forensics, and Ethical Hacking & Pen Testing. He is a member of NIST Cloud Computing Forensics Science and Cloud Computing Security Working Groups. Dr. Srinivasan is a Certified Ethical Hacker.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Florida Atlantic University
- M.S. in Computer Science, Pace University
- B. Engineering in Industrial and Production Engineering, University of Mysore, India
- A. Srinivasan, S. Kolli, and J. Wu. “Steganographic Information Hiding that Exploits a Novel File System Vulnerability”. Accepted to appear in International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN), Vol. 8, No. 2, p.p. 82-93, 2013.
- F. Li, J.Wu, and A. Srinivasan. “Uncertainty Mitigation for Trustworthiness-Oriented Applications in Wireless Ad Hoc Networks”. In IEICE Transactions on Information and Systems, International JournalSpecial Section on Trust, Security and Privacy in Computing and Communication Systems. Vol.E95-D No.1 pp.12-19, 2012.
- A. Srinivasan “SecLoc - Secure Localization in WSNs Using CDS”. In International Journal of Security and Communication Networks, Vol. 4, Issue 7, pages 763 - 770, Wiley and Sons’ 2011.
- A. Srinivasan, J. Wu, and J. Teitelbaum. “Distributed Reputation-based Secure Localization in Sensor Networks”. In LNCS Transactions on Autonomic and Trusted Computing, Springer, Issue 1, 2011.
- A. Srinivasan , F. Li, and J. Wu. “Secure Reputation Monitoring System - A Novel Connected Dominating Set-based Framework for WSNs”. In Special Issue on Trusted Computing and Communications, International Journal of Security and Communication Networks, pp. 95-108, Wiley and Sons’ 2010.
- A. Srinivasan and J. Wu. “Secure and Reliable Broadcasting in Wireless Sensor Networks using MultiParent Trees”. In International Journal of Security and Communication Networks, Vol. 2, Issue 3, pp. 239-253, 2009.
- A. Srinivasan, F. Li, J. Wu, and M. Li. “Secure Clique-based Group Key Assignment in Wireless Sensor Networks”. In International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN), Vol. 3, Issue 4, pp. 226-239, 2008.
- F. Li, A. Srinivasan, and J. Wu. “PVFS: A Probabilistic Voting-based Filtering Scheme in Wireless Sensor Networks”. In International Journal of Security and Networks (IJSN), Vol. 3, Issue 3, pp. 173-182, 2008.
- A. Srinivasan, J. Teitelbaum, H. Liang, J. Wu, and M. Cardei. “Reputation and Trust-based System for Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks”. In Algorithms and Protocols for Wireless Ad-Hoc and Sensor Networks, A. Boukerche (ed.), Wiley & Sons, pp. 375-402, 2008-2009.
- A. Srinivasan and J. Wu. “A Survey on Secure Localization in Wireless Sensor Networks”. In Encyclopedia of Wireless and Mobile Communications, B. Furht (ed.), CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group. 2007.
- F. Li , A. Srinivasan, and J. Wu. “Security Issues in Sensor Surveillance”. In Handbook on Mobile Ad-Hoc and Pervasive Communications, L. T. Yang and M. K. Denko (eds.), American Scientific Publishers, 2006.
- A. Srinivasan, P. Santhalingam, J. Zamanski, and J. Wu. “DeadDrop-in-a-Flash: Information Hiding at SSD NAND Flash Memory Physical Layer”. Accepted to appear in The Eighth International Conference on Emerging Security Information Systems and Technologies (SECURWARE 2014), November 16 - 20, 2014 - Lisbon, Portugal.
- A. Srinivasan, J. Wu, and W. Zhu. “SAFE- Secure and Big Data Adaptive Framework for Efficient Cross-Domain Communication. Accepted to appear in ACM CKIM Workshop 1st International Workshop on Privacy and Security of Big Data (PSBD 2014), Shanghai, China, November 7, 2014.
- W. Zhu, L. Vizenor, and A. Srinivasan. “Towards a Reference Architecture for Service-Oriented Cross Domain Security Infrastructure”. Accepted to appear in The 7th International Conference on Internet and Distributed Computing Systems (IDCS 2014) (Short Paper), Calabria, Italy, 22-24 Sep., 2014.
- H. Kalva, A. Parikh and A. Srinivasan. “Accelerating Video Carving from Unallocated Space”. In IS&T/SPIE Electronic Imaging 2013 - Media Watermarking, Security, and Forensics 2013, 3-7 February, Burlingame, CA, USA.
- A. Srinivasan, S. Thirthahalli, and A. Stavarou. “HIDEINSIDE - A Novel Randomized & Encrypted Antiforensic Information Hiding”. In International Conference on Computing, Networking and Communications ICNC 2013, San Diego, CA, USA.
- J. Medsger and A. Srinivasan. “ERASE- EntRopy-based SAnitization of SEnsitive Data for Privacy Preservation”. In The 7th International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (ICITST-2012).
- M. Alhusseini, A. Srinivasan and D. Wijesekera. “Forensics Filesystem with Cluster-Level Identifiers for Efficient Data Recovery”. In The 7th International Conference for Internet Technology and Secured Transactions (ICITST-2012).
- A. Srinivasan and J. Wu. “SafeCode - Safeguarding Security and Privacy of User Data on Stolen iOS Device”. In The 4th International Symposium on Cyberspace Safety and Security CSS 2012, Melbourne, Australia.
- A. Srinivasan and L. Chenupatti. “Robust Authentication of Public Access Points Using Digital Certificates - A Novel Approach”. Accepted to appear in The 4th International Symposium on Cyberspace Safety and Security CSS 2012, Melbourne, Australia.
- J. Spaulding, A. Krauss and A. Srinivasan. “Exploring an Open WiFi Detection Vulnerability as a Malware Attack Vector on iOS Devices”. Accepted to appear in The 7th IEEE International Conference on Malicious and Unwanted Software (Malware 2012).
- A. Srinivasan and J. Wu. “Duplicate File Names- A Novel Steganographic Data Hiding Technique”. In International Workshop on Identity - Security, Management and Applications (ID’ 2011), Kochi, India, 22-24 July 2011.
- A. Telidevara, V. Chandrasekaran, A. Srinivasan, R. Mukkamala, and S. Gampa. “ Similarity Coefficient Generator for Network Forensics”. In IEEE International Workshop on Information Forensics and Security (WIFS’ 10), Seattle, WA, USA, December 12-15, 2010.
- K. Yadav and A. Srinivasan. “iTrust: An Integrated Trust Framework for Wireless Sensor Networks”. In The 25th ACM Symposium on Applied Computing - Trust, Reputation, Evidence and other Collaboration Know-how - (ACM SAC TRECK’ 10), Sierre, Switzerland, March 22-26, 2010.