Program Design and Abstraction
Science Education and Research Center (SERC), Room 315
Science Education and Research Center (SERC), Room 327
|Joe Jupin (Joseph Jupin)||email@example.com||
Science Education and Research Center (SERC) , Room 347
Grade of C or better in Mathematics 1021 (C073) or higher, or placement into Mathematics 1022 (C074).
- Savitch, Java: An Introduction to Problem Solving and Programming, 6th Edition.
- Pearson, ISBN-13: 978-0-13-216270-8.
- Introduction to Computers and Java
- Basic Computation
- Flow of Control: Branching
- Flow of Control: Loops
- Defining Classes and Methods
- More about Objects and Methods
- Introduction to problem solving and programming in Java, software engineering, procedural and data abstraction, and object-oriented programming, including class hierarchies, inheritance and interfaces.
- Data types covered include primitive data types, strings, classes, arrays, and streams.
- Programming techniques include at least one technique for searching and sorting an array and an introduction to file processing.
Attendance to all meetings of the class is mandatory.
Accomodations for Students with Disabilities:
Any student who has a need for accommodation based on the impact of a documented disability, including special accommodations for access to technology resources and electronic instructional materials required for the course, should contact me privately to discuss the specific situation by the end of the second week of classes or as soon as practical. If you have not done so already, please contact Disability Resources and Services (DRS) at 215-204-1280 in 100 Ritter Annex to learn more about the resources available to you. I will work with DRS to coordinate reasonable accommodations for all students with documented disabilities. (http://www.temple.edu/studentaffairs/disability/accommodations/).
Student and Faculty Academic Rights and Responsibilities:
Freedom to teach and freedom to learn are inseparable facets of academic freedom. The University has a policy on Student and Faculty and Academic Rights and Responsibilities (Policy #03.70.02) which can be accessed through the following http://policies.temple.edu/PDF/99.pdf.