Karl is an assistant professor of computer science in the Deparment of Computer and Information Sciences. He teaches courses in the area of software development with a focus on mobile and web development. He is a member of the faculty steering committee for the Professional Science Masters in Bioinfomatics in the College of Science and Technology, and works with the Urban Apps & Maps Studio intitiative in the Management Information Systems Department at Fox School of Business. He is also a part of CIS's comminity outreach committee where he helps to expose and encourage computer science education and research.
Karl Morris received his Ph.D. in Computer Science from Florida International University (FIU) in 2014 where his research was in the area of Software Engineering with an emphasis on model-driven development, middleware, and adaptable systems. His current research interests include mobile computing and cyber-physical systems. He received both his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Computer Science from FIU in 2005 and 2011 respectively.Previously, Dr. Morris has been a project manager and consultant, application developer, and systems analyst. He has a strong interest in mobile applications and is the co-founder of a app development company.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Florida International University
- M.S. Computer Science, Florida International University
- B.S. Computer Science, Florida International University
- Karl A. Morris, Mark Allison, Fábio M. Costa, Jinpeng Wei, Peter J. Clarke, "An adaptive middleware design to support the dynamic interpretation of domain-specific models", Information and Software Technology, Volume 62, June 2015, Pages 21-41, ISSN 0950-5849, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.infsof.2015.02.003
- Morris, K.A.; Clarke, P.J.; Xudong He; Costa, F.M.; Allison, M., "A Method for Validating Intent Model Behavior in DSVMs", High Assurance Systems Engineering (HASE), 2015 IEEE 16th International Symposium on , vol., no., pp.247,254, 8-10 Jan. 2015, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/HASE.2015.43
- Mark Allison, Karl A. Morris, Fábio M. Costa, Peter J. Clarke, "Synthesizing interpreted domain-specific models to manage smart microgrids", Journal of Systems and Software, Volume 96, October 2014, Pages 172-193, ISSN 0164-1212, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jss.2014.06.006
- Morris, K.A.; Jinpeng Wei; Clarke, P.J.; Costa, F.M., "Towards Adaptable Middleware to Support Service Delivery Validation in i-DSML Execution Engines", High-Assurance Systems Engineering (HASE), 2012 IEEE 14th International Symposium on , vol., no., pp.82,89, 25-27 Oct. 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/HASE.2012.25
- Allison, M.; Morris, K.A.; Zhenyu Yang; Clarke, P.J.; Costa, F.M., "Towards Reliable Smart Microgrid Behavior Using Runtime Model Synthesis", High-Assurance Systems Engineering (HASE), 2012 IEEE 14th International Symposium on , vol., no., pp.185,192, 25-27 Oct. 2012, http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/HASE.2012.37